ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS
I understand that surfing and related ocean activities carry an inherent risk of bodily injury, including, in extreme cases, loss of life from the surf/swimming environment from wave action, currents, surfing equipment, and sea pests. I agree to indemnify, defend, hold harmless and release from all liability Lion Rock Surf Shop, it’s owners, employees, equipment and sponsors.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of my/my child’s participation in the beach activity mentioned above,
- I assume full responsibility for risks of bodily injury, mental distress, death or property damage due to the active or passive acts or omissions of Lion Rock Surf Shop’s owners, employees or volunteers arising from my/my child’s participation with the surf activity.
- I/my child will take all reasonable effort to minimise the risks associated with the surf activity by using the equipment for its intended use and in the most suitable locations for the day.
- I/my child is in good health and is an able swimmer.
Additionally, I understand that:
- Any rental equipment damage or lost will be charged to me at full price
- BASIC REPAIR: $40 • MAJOR REPAIR: PRICE TO BE CONFIRMED ON ASSESSMENT
- SNAPPED FIN: $35 • SNAPPED BOARD: $150
- I will not leave rental equipment unattended, any lost equipment for any reason will be charged to me at full price.
- Lion Rock Surf Shop has the right to deem it necessary to reschedule or cancel rentals due to weather conditions or beach closure
- A bond will be required when hiring items through the online website. This will be added to the hire charge and will be refunded to the Hirer if the equipment is returned in good condition and clean state. Cost of repairs may exceed the bond.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS ‘Acknowledgement of Risks, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement’ and have signed this acknowledgment voluntarily, and agree that no oral representation, agreements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.